Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Electrical Engineering Intern in our Siemens Molecular Imaging business unit. We have openings for a hardware development intern at our Hoffman Estates, Illinois location. We are a high-growth, high-technology business leading the change towards personalized medicine.
The selected candidate will join the electrical engineering development team in the hardware department of the Molecular Imaging business unit. This team develops nuclear gamma ray detectors for SPECT and PET cameras used in the radiology departments of hospitals. The duration of the internship varies. However, the preferred length is at least a semester of school including the summer.
The electrical engineering intern position is an entry-level engineering support position intended to provide the intern with industry experience, a familiarity with Siemens, and enable Siemens to obtain an in-depth evaluation of potential future staff members. The intern will be assigned tasks that fall within the scope of a typical entry-level hardware engineer.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Electrical Engineering Intern,
your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- You will develop low complexity printed circuit board assemblies, test fixtures, test firmware/scripts for automated testing of assemblies, and hardware infrastructure (engineering tools, databases, websites) needed to support the engineering environment.
- You will perform integration testing of new hardware/software releases with thorough documentation of test results and a written report summary.
- You will create defect reports and verify fixes.
- You will execute calibration and field return analysis.
This position may
suit you best if you are familiar with what is below and would like to
do develop your career with Healthineers.
- You are enrolled in an electrical and/or computer engineering program at an accredited university. Preferred areas of study: analog and digital signal processing, electromechanical design, FPGA development, analog circuit analysis with PSpice, embedded applications.
- You have a good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions.
- You have good communications skills and team orientation.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- 3.2 GPA or greater
- Rising Junior or Rising Senior and pursuing your bachelor’s degree.
Start date in January 2020
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 188201
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.