Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Architecture? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in solutions? So do we. We believe our summer internships differ from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
- Capable of initiating detailed technical analysis of extensive, multi-layered systems
- Will work closely with colleagues in the Bids & Tendering team, project groups, the Lines of Business and technology owners throughout the business, to ensure that products and projects meet our customers’ needs now, and in the future
- Performs evaluation of Engineering issues and constraints, supporting cross Engineering, and Sub-contract support needed to provide solutions to these major Engineering challenges
- Plans and monitors a programme of activity that results in resolution of Engineering issues that may delay Project progress and delivery
- Champion innovation and ensure value engineering is applied to all proposals
- Be a team player within the Business Development organisation, support the Company at seminars, conferences and exhibitions, and work closely with the Business Development team to deliver appropriate marketing information
- Will support the development of technical solutions across the whole lifecycle from tendering through into project delivery and play an active role in updating Standard System Configurations for our products and solutions.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- Studying for a degree in Systems, Projects Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other engineering based subjects.
- Work towards developing a broad base of Engineering skills, experiences, knowledge and competencies covering the full engineering lifecycle, together with the requisite personal characteristics, to take responsibility for leading cross disciplinary Engineering activity in complex, innovative and commercially challenging environments
- A willingness to learn and ability to innovate.
- Some experience in Systems Engineering, Project Engineering and Design of safety critical or safety related real-time systems, test and installation environments.
- Demonstrates customer focus in all work carried out
- Be willing to develop effective communication skills at all level
- Demonstrates innovative and creative thinking when performing problem solving initiatives
- Highly motivated, dependable and self-reliant
- Be willing to develop knowledge of railway systems and technologies
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Architecture. Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £17,500 per annum (pro rata).
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Job ID: 188204
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time