We are looking for a well-organized, motivated team-player to join our Los Angeles team. Reporting to the branch manager, the Office Supervisor supports a busy leadership team with administration, documentation, scheduling, financial expense support, meeting coordination, minute taking, and special projects. This role also manages a team of administrative assistants who support various business groups within the branch.
The role requires great skills in communication and prioritization to appropriately manage a wide variety of functions required to keep our busy team operating successfully.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Schedule and organize activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, and department events for the members of the leadership team.
- Create visual presentations for the leadership team.
- Act as point of contact for fleet administration for our roles that require participation in the Siemens Vehicle Plan.
- Be the point of contact for local safety planning and information.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and communication.
- Field and answer all business-related questions, seeking assistance from subject matter experts from within and outside of our branch as necessary.
- Work on special projects.
- Order stationery, office materials and office hardware.
- Reconcile directors’ expense and travel reports
- Organize and maintain shared drives to assure efficiency and coordination of data.
- Prepare and design charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes so that that the final copy is accurate and clear.
- Support the leadership team with the proficient use of software, including MS Office, SRM (indirect purchase orders), EZ-X (Expenses), aspects of SAP (ERP system), recruitment software, SharePoint etc.
- Demonstrate excellent project- and time-management skills to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Use interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Utilize their strong problem solving and planning skills.
- Work flexible hours as needed to accomplish tasks.
- Work well in a highly matrixed organization, and with managers and employees of all levels to advising on, gather, prepare and vet material in a poised and tactful manner.
- Manage a team of administrative assistants who provide support to business teams in the branch.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Successful experience providing the type of administrative support needed by our branch.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and the aptitude to quickly master additional software programs related to administrative support.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree
- Supervisory experience highly preferred.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401(k) match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 188206
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.