- Become the subject matter expert for how buildings work
- Become fluent with the strategies of ASHRAE, HCA, FIMs, APAR, NIST
- Develop a complete understanding of corporate product line and technologies through an expert knowledge of product functionality and end-user operations
- Follow, maintain and develop standards
- Identify and create programming solutions, pre-functional and functional tests
- Lead development of the Automated Programming Tool (APT)
- Direct external contractor to deliver new solutions for APT
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for the APT offering
- Use your existing skills to consult with the development of Autonomous Buildings, Fault Detection (FDD) and Continuous Commissioning
- Design and maintain workflows for program validation and acceptance
- Design and maintain specification documentation on programming, sequences and point database
- Provide guidance and answers detailed questions from internal and external customers related to products and building operation.
- Provide technical leadership on building operations and control products to assist with the design and implementation of a new equipment and strategies in the APT platform
- Develop programming solution to meet requirements
- Review feature requests and negotiate solutions. Develop alternative recommendations for very complex customer specifications and/or processes to meet customer needs and improve over-all productivity.
- Guide investigations and analysis of very complex field problems
- Develop new, improved and smart APT solutions.
- Write requirements for enhancements to APT UI
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, Mechanical, Electrical or Energy Engineering, or related field required.
- 5+ years of successful experience with the design and commissioning tools.
- 5+ years of successful experience in building controls, automation and HVAC.
- Competent with the commissioning process from reading specifications to customer acceptance
- Understanding of the smart buildings, energy and automation industry is required.
- Understanding of mechanical and automation systems is required.
- Understanding programming with PPCL and HVAC control strategies in today’s market
- Recognized expert in: - How buildings work; air systems, water systems, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual who is comfortable working in a team environment while showing leadership skills to help drive the direction of the team.
- Comfortable presenting complex technical topics to business and technical audiences live or via webinar.
- Ability to see and sell the big picture while keeping track of all the details you are responsible for.
- Travel up to 10% at times.
- Experience with Software and Technology development process a plus
- Understanding of electrical systems a plus
- Understanding how to write functional requirements is a plus
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of buildings and control systems
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- Typically, 5-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Job ID: 188217
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.