Siemens Smart Infrastructure is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries and provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. Siemens Smart Infrastructure creates environments that care.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Unit Finance Manager to join our Digital Grid business unit based either in Melbourne or Sydney. The Business Unit Finance Manager plays a hands-on role in enabling the business unit to achieve its objectives and will provide sound financial and commercial advice to the Business Unit head and Senior Leadership team.
Core responsibilities of the role
• Responsible for the financial management, accuracy and integrity of all financial records, reports and other finance related tasks;
• Ensure and monitor effective financial budgeting, forecasting and controlling activities;
• Support Business Unit head with Finance advice and contribute to overall business targets;
• Ensure compliant and, where possible standardized, contract management standards in all relevant business cases (supplier, customer, service providers);
• Manage end-to-end Business Administration operations and lead a team of Business Administration professionals;
• Develop and implement business models for product, solution, service and software business types;
• Drive productivity, continuous process improvements as well as cash conversion;
• Closely collaborate with other business areas to leverage synergies, where possible.
The successful candidate will have the below skill and experience:
• 10+ years of experience in business controlling or finance roles, ideally with experience in a management position with leadership responsibilities
• Strong knowledge of IFRS Accounting and SAP ERP systems
• Expert know-how in Commercial Project Management and Risk Management
• Experience in the development of business plans and business case assessments
• Advanced contracts management knowledge and negotiation skills
• Strong intercultural sensitivity and ability to work with diverse international teams
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Law or related field required
The ability to distill complex issues into succinct and easily understood language that conveys key messages successfully at all levels of the organisation would be a key element for this role.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.