- Advising on contractual questions and claims issues, including drafting, reviewing and negotiation of all legal documents and transaction support on key deals and projects
- Assisting the sales teams in preparation of commercial bids from a legal perspective and to support in the contractual structuring of projects and bids. This will include reviewing of tender documents, framework agreements, supply and services agreements and consortium agreements in close cooperation with sales team and commercial counterparts
- Managing project specific limits of authorization (a Siemens’ risk management tool) regarding release/approval of specific contract risks
- Managing disputes and claim management process including liaising with and supervising external lawyers
- Advising all relevant stakeholders to ensure that business decisions and actions are always in accordance with legal provisions and responsible business conduct
- Supporting the procurement department in respect of contractual aspects
- Working with relevant internal departments to review insurance and tax matters, bank bond and guarantees. letter of credits and export control issues
- Actively participate in the development of processes and policies relating to the Legal Department
- Conduct or facilitate in-house legal training as required by the business and other corporate departments.
- Undertake such duties as and when assigned by the General Counsel
- Possess Degree in Law with at least 8 years PQE from a leading law firm or international company.
- Proven industry specific legal/contract management know how
- Good analytical and drafting skills, organized and committed to deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills and experience, with keen ability to evaluate all contractual/claim implications with a focus on solutions and results
- Robust personality with high levels of energy and drive
- Self motivated, with an ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic corporate environment.
- Adaptable and commercially minded team player with a collegian personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with high level of proficiency in verbal and written English
Job ID: 188285
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time