The Research in Digitalization and Automation (RDA) department, as part of Siemens Corporate Technology (CT), is at the heart of Siemens R&D. Our deep competence and expertise make us the preferred partner for innovation. We develop technologies with wide applicability so that Siemens may successfully bring innovations to market. Our scientists located around the world help create and retain a technological edge for Siemens in the focus area of automation, electrification and industrial digitization.
Siemens’ central research and development arm sees itself as a strategic partner to the company’s businesses. It plays a key role in achieving and maintaining leading competitive positions in the fields of electrification and automation while at the same time helping Siemens fully tap into the growth field of digitalization.
At the core of Siemens’ business are complex software-intensive systems. Siemens power plants, factory automation, building automation, power grid control, and others depend on the correct operation of software. Therefore, reliable software is essential for the success of our businesses. Software architects helps Siemens business units world-wide to translate new business ideas into software solutions and successful products. We place a lot of emphasize on software that is reliable, performant, scalable and maintainable. As machine learning is becoming a key success factor for many industrial systems, we research how these system qualities can be ensured also for intelligent systems. Our results influence Siemens products and are reflected in patents and publications in journals and conferences. Software Architects for Intelligent Systems will help Siemens development teams to integrate machine learning into a systematic software engineering process to create new products or enhance existing products.
We are currently seeking a Software Architect for Intelligent Systems for our Princeton, NJ location. Applicants for this position should have a strong background in software engineering and a good understanding and practical experience in machine learning.
What are my responsibilities?
• Guide Siemens Business Units to build reliable, performant, scalable, and maintainable systems that include machine learning components.
• Evaluate solution alternatives that involve different machine learning architectures.
• Design and implement machine learning solutions for Siemens business units.
• Participate in software architecture reviews and work with business units to improve their software architecture.
• Scout state-of-the-art machine learning technologies and software engineering methods, tools and trends.
• Identify high-impact research topics in intelligent systems.
• Perform research, development and consulting projects collaborating with colleagues, customers and universities.
• Create publications and presentations for journals and conferences.
What skills are needed to qualify for this position?
• M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent degree is required.
• Minimum of two years of experience in software engineering is required. Will consider recent graduates with appropriate graduate research/internship experience.
• Strong theoretic and practical experience in systematic software engineering.
• Strong experience in using and deploying machine learning.
• Experience in evaluating and improving the performance, scalability, reliability, and robustness of intelligent systems.
• Publication record in peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
• Experience with developing for and deploying in the cloud.
• Experience with formal methods of software design is a plus.
• Desire to never stop learning and improving.
• Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
Job ID: 188367
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.