Position Summary: This position will be responsible for supporting sales/planning-PTS/field ops/global ops departments and improving and developing processes related to composite and blades in the wind turbine.
• Provide damage assessment / analysis and disposition for blades and any composite components in the wind turbine.
• Creation of work packages and field repair material ordering when needed
• Support job coordination and execution of blade inspections, repairs, and replacements
• Support blade special projects, internally and in the aftersales market
• Travel supporting field services.
• Must be willing to travel - up to 30%.
• Presentation of blade training seminars for internal and external personnel
• Assist logistics and repair centers with decisions regarding blades inventory and disposition
• Collaborate with Services Engineers to resolve complex blade issues
• Support aftersales, campaigns and warranty management with associated projects
• PO creation, tracking, and final invoicing for all associated projects
• Interface with blades systems/engineers to help prioritize inspections and repairs
• Review customer claims related to blade issues and review/edit customer reports
• Support the Advanced Maintenance group with various projects including large and small corrective on a variety of components
• Interface with global operations (analysts, product/process developers, component specialists)
• Perform or assist with failure analysis and RCA projects for blades failures
• Leading project jobs and manage field technicians as needed
• Support wind farms efforts remotely for blade issues when needed
• Provide composite/blades hands-on expertise, repair, and related inspection techniques.
• Identify process improvements; including reduction of non-value-added operations, increased productivity opportunities, etc.
• Creation of blade incident reports and field procedures
• Ability to work in confined / enclosed spaces and comfortable with heights.
• Review documentation and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Required Education/Work Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or
5-10 Years related work experience
Familiarity with Gamesa and/or Siemens Mechanical/Electrical turbine operation: Preferred
Provide damage assessment / analysis and disposition for blades and any composite components in the wind turbine. L-Siemens & L-Gamesa: Preferred
Specialized Skills & Knowledge [List the minimum required specific knowledge and skills necessary to perform this job (e.g., basic accounting principles, computer programming, languages, spreadsheets, specific manufacturing processes, etc.]
Blade Match and Balancing Solution
Hub - Fiberglass Assessment and Disposition
Blade Failure Investigation and RCA Reports
Primary Equipment/Applications Used
Primary equipment used: Standard office equipment.
Required software: Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
Job ID: 188369
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.