Reporting to the Solutions Operations Manager, this position provides technical service to Solutions Projects and customer Fire Safety Systems.
- Conducts acceptance testing at the conclusion of a new installation.
- Coordinates with assigned Foreman and or other trades for the purpose of completing project s and work orders efficiently.
- Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned projects or customer systems.
- Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
- Returns overage of project equipment in a timely fashion.
- Monitor the work of Siemens subcontractors competing electric and fire alarm projects for the purpose of ensuring that they are meeting Siemens Standards and that the projects are satisfactorily completed to local /state/and Federal codes.
- Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
- Prepares written report for the purpose of documenting task completions, conveying information of other activities affecting assigned projects.
- Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the installation Fire Alarm Systems.
- NICET II (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Fire Alarm Certification will be required within 24 months.
- Texas State Fire Alarm License
- Understanding of Ohm’s Law (Reading a Digital Meter)
- Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Good Computer Skills
- Ability to read and understand design drawings/blueprints
- Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
Job ID: 188388
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.