Our Factory Commissioning Engineer will work in an experienced team and exciting environment on our industry leading Light Rail Vehicles. The Field Service group works in close cooperation with our customers, all Siemens Mobility Departments worldwide and our Field Service Teams on Site. The main goal of the Commissioning Engineer is to work with our complete Siemens team to engineer, build, thoroughly test and commission our products to achieve high customer satisfaction and a reliable product.
If you are motivated, eager to learn about new technologies and are a team player this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Develop an expert role in commissioning of Siemens Light Rail Vehicles
- Develop detailed technical testing plans for upcoming projects and create detailed test reports for system qualification during commissioning process.
- Identify and drive the purchase of equipment and tooling required for commissioning.
- Collaborate with Siemens Engineering, Production, Scheduling, Project Management and Quality Management to streamline commissioning processes.
- Provide technical expertise to field service teams.
- Develop commissioning schedules and track progress against schedule
- Develop and implement a training program for Light Rail commissioning.
- Mentor Field Service Technicians on commissioning best practices.
- Contribute and communicate technical feedback to Engineering to drive optimal reliability and maintainability of the product.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least five years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of above
- Complex product commissioning experience.
- Leadership skills showing the ability to counsel, coach, develop, and motivate a team.
- Teambuilding and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work across multiple systems and develop core competencies beyond engineering field of study.
- Strong skills in reading electrical schematics.
- Willingness to take a “hands on” approach to commissioning.
- Ability to learn new software programs in a continuously evolving environment.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering.
- Rail industry field service or commissioning experience
Job ID: 188402
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.