Siemens is seeking an Electronic Installer II to perform the installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements associated with automatic building control systems in the Lafayette, LA market
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
• May assist in emergency troubleshooting of systems.
• Installs or assist with the installation of associated conduit, wire, cable, equipment, components and devices.
• Installs and mounts electric/ electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components.
• Performs interlock wiring as required.
• Performs wiring check out and assists with systems start-up.
• Performs tasks related to the panel fabrication.
• Disconnects and dismantles electric/electronic instruments, panels, sensors, components, etc. as necessary.
• Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
• Assists with component and auxiliary equipment selection from outside suppliers.
• Provides inputs and assists with preparation of as-built drawings.
• Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
• Required experience: 3+ years Electrical and electronic installation experience or expertise.
• Required travel: 5%
• Other requirements:
• Strong customer service skills.
• Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
• Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
• Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
• Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
• Must be able to use hand-tools.
• Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
• Competitive compensation.
• Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
• All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
• Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 188408
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.