We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. We build next-generation high speed trains, smart energy networks and support NASA in their explorations of outer space. We need people like you! Experience specialists and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. Help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. So, what are you waiting for? Take your career step with us.
In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for the technical activities in the areas of instrumentation and control and electrical systems. You will also conduct I&C functions safely, reliably, efficiently and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Performs instrument calibrations, field checks, troubleshooting, and maintenance on control equipment or other electrical equipment, as assigned. Maintains and installs control, monitoring, alarm and indicating systems and their individual components. This includes, but is not limited to, protective relays, turbine controls, voltage regulators, inverters and battery charger controls, motors, lighting and grounding.
2. Performs maintenance on 4160 volt and 480 volt equipment, breakers and switchgear.
3. Performs upkeep of the maintenance management system and other administrative tasks as assigned. Maintain logs of problems, repairs, and downtime. Maintenance of DCIS and PLC system.
4. Performs and evaluates plant tests.
5. Maintains all facility equipment through corrective, predictive, and planned activities.
6. Monitors projects in regard to schedule, manpower, material needs, and safety as assigned.
7. May be required to perform tests, repairs, and modifications while systems are on line.
8. Identifies design improvements and/or problems; recommends and installs modifications necessary for resolution.
9. Follows safety/environmental rules and regulations. Implements safe working practices and immediately identifies hazards and recommends and/or implement repairs.
10. Works with outside contractors during overhauls or at other times, as required.
11. Trains others to gain knowledge as required. Provides training (safety, Electrical and I&C) of new hires, as needed. Receives training to further knowledge, prepare for advancement and maintain safety awareness.
12. Assists in the investigation of plant problems, incidents, accidents and unusual events; provides input and recommendations for reports and follow-up plans.
13. Writes, reviews and revises maintenance and related procedures.
14. Troubleshoots equipment and systems and provides/performs corrective action. Performs failure analysis to determine cause of equipment/system malfunction.
15. Completes all training/qualifications required to be an E I&C Technician.
16. Available to work overtime both scheduled and unscheduled, on days off and beyond regular work schedule and to perform shift work, including holidays, nights and weekends, when required.
17. Follows all safety/environmental policies, procedures, rules and participates in training. Promotes the Company’s Zero Harm vision through actions and conduct.
18. Follows all Company policies and expectations and behaves in a manner that promotes the Company’s values and positively effects morale.
19. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. 5 years of experience as an
industrial electrician or 5 years’ experience as an I&C Technician in a
power plant environment.
3. Knowledge of large generators, transformers, 4160/480 volt switchgear and systems, instruments, controls, and relaying equipment.
4. Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques.
5. Ability to read and understand P&IDs, electrical, and mechanical drawings.
6. Ability to pass respirator fit tests to use respiratory protective equipment at all times.
7. Good communication skills both verbal and written.
8. Proficient use of Microsoft Excel and Word. Peoplesoft preferred.
9. Background in electricity, electronics, and instrumentation functions.
10. Proficient use of standard test equipment.
11. Ability to work at various heights from aerial lifts, ladders and scaffolding, and in areas of high noise and temperature extremes.
Associates degree/certification in electrical or controls field
Job ID: 188413
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.