Manufacturing Engineer - Grinding
This position requires the successful candidate to manage grinding processes for existing and new product/process definition and provide ongoing shop floor support and direction in the GT manufacturing area within Siemens Energy Gas Turbine products division.
Primary responsibilities will include developing manufacturing standards, control charts, operational procedures, work orders & schedules for complex processes, and providing advice in product/process validation and verification strategies including the use of 2D and 3D verification tools such as NX and Vericut. You will also be relied on to provide technical direction in process and equipment evaluation and troubleshooting. In addition to providing key leadership in development of new processes, you will need excellent communications skills, the ability to work effectively in a team environment and ability to make sound problem assessments.
This position also requires working with Manufacturing engineers and programmers to define, improve and optimize other machining processes. Develop new techniques to support and meet continuous improvement objectives. Create process instructions and provide training to operators. Conduct quality reviews and pre-job briefs. Lead safety reviews to improve workplace and job safety. Review and approve engineering drawings. Recommend repair processes and implement required repairs. Define and train in measurement techniques. Other responsibilities as needed.
· Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, tooling, programming and production equipment capabilities and quality control standards.
· Deliver process or design definition and interpretation and assessment of specs and requirements.
· Incorporate Lean Manufacturing where appropriate into the processes, equipment and tooling.
· Design, commission, and qualify custom tools, jigs, fixtures and tests, gage R&R as required.
· Review of tooling on-hand, set-up feedback, and tool design/capability data, to ensure that the best/most appropriate tooling practices are being maintained.
· Monitors and analyses production performance metrics to ensure that cost and quality targets are maintained (production yield, defect paretos).
· Provide logistics and process input on non-conformance issues.
· Identify and justify projects for improving manufacturing capability, yields, productivity, and capacity.
· Develop and deliver technical information documents, estimates, reports or training documentation.
· Provide technical support on various manufacturing development processes, vendor support, development cost models, and departmental training for the respective development program.
· Provide technical direction, training and education to customers and vendors.
· Provide technical support for department capital programs (implementation) and department improvement projects.
· Technically support engineering design changes via involvement with the change management process for new products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Incumbent will possess a Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree (BS) with 2 to 4 years’ experience with grinding processes or Associates Degree with a minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment involving welding fabrication and machining.
· 1 – 2 years of other machine programming experience is desirable but not required.
· Exposure to lean concepts, MRP systems, quality control systems.
· Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
· Working knowledge of PC applications, CAD software, PLC.
· Demonstrate leadership qualities in a team environment through assertiveness, dialogue and coordinating timely actions within the department and by outside supporters.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 188421
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.