The LaMirada Distribution Center, as is specified in the Contract with IBEW Local 1710 recognizes one job classification for all associates. The following list outlines duties and job functions that all associates are expected to perform, however, may not be all inclusive:
What are the responsibilities of this position?
Responsible for daily inspections of equipment, removal and installation of rack uprights, crossbeams and decking.
- Facility housekeeping
- Training of new associates or current associates on work function procedures
- Continuous improvement teams and other initiatives aimed at improving safety, efficiency and quality
- Order picking and anchoring
- Internal replenishment to all pick sites
- Unloading of freight
- Cycle counts to correct an error discovered during order picking
- Small Package Processing
- Order checking and correcting
- Process all types of outbound shipments and manifests
- Checks and corrects order
- Anchors material
- Spilt/combine containers as required
- Process paperwork
- Wraps and loads shipments
- Handles customer pick-ups
- Customer pick-up counter
Handles all inbound material
- Checks all inbound shipments for accuracy, correcting where required
- Applies bar-codes
- Assists in resolution of receiving variances
- Use PkMS receiving options
- Put-away material in all areas of the warehouse
- Dock Checker
- Handles all inbound LTL and TL shipments
- Checks and corrects errors
- Spilt/combine containers as necessary
- Processes paperwork
- Wraps and load shipments
- Handles customer pickups
- Inventory Control and Cycle counting
- Perform daily cycle counting
- Handles problem areas
- Handles recall and rework inventory movement
- Assist in determination of inventory error causes
- Repackaging/Re-labeling/Work Order processing
- Repackage/relabel material to a finished product
- Process paperwork
Able to pick and directly load orders
- Checks all outbound shipments for accuracy, correcting where needed
- Applies necessary paperwork
- Assists in resolution of all outbound variances
- Use PkMS outbound options
- Load outbound trucks
- Modification Shop
- Occasionally assist in modification shop as required and to the extent of their knowledge of modification work
What knowledge/skills, education, and experience is required for this position?
In this section, please outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be considered for this position.
- High School DIploma or GED is a minimum
- Experience in shipping, receiving, warehouse
- Ability to work with a warehousing system
- Ability to drive a forklift preferred
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 188436
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.