- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Performing weekly or monthly review with suppliers on all their non-conformances and work with them on Root cause, Corrective action Preventive Action (CAPA).
- Performing periodic process audits / gap assessments to address gaps and escapees.
- Performing supplier document package review for accuracy and to eliminate paperwork errors to ensure supplier provides high quality paperwork with shipments as needed
- Getting suppliers to a high state of quality on products and documentation and get them to a self release status.
- Monitoring and maintaining supplier’s quality performance. Discuss supplier scorecards with them.
- Gather quarterly performance metrics and recovery plans for supplier scorecards
- Ensuring quality notifications (QNs) are completed in a timely fashion. Ensuring all discovery QNs have a corrective action plan completed quickly by the supplier.
- Reducing non conformances from the supplier and working with SQM and Engineering to eliminate repeat QNs and issues from the supply base.
- Getting root cause investigation and corrective/preventive actions in place and ensuring effectiveness of investigation is completed by supplier on all NC’s (non-conformities)
- Ensuring containment activities are performed when a non conformance is discovered to prevent repeat escapees.
- Coming up with continuous improvement ideas to help improve and increase efficiency / productivity / reduce waste in our internal and external supplier processes
- Work with poor performance suppliers on supplier development plans to bring them up to higher standards, reduce non conformances, better quality and better performance / on time delivery.
- Timely completion of CAPA’s assigned to you for issues from service or internal repeat / major issues with detailed root cause, corrective and preventive action and containment performed diligently.
- Train and support suppliers on various supplier quality systems, tools and processes.
- Supporting any customer witness points, external and internal customer requests, cost reduction activities, performing lessons learnt and best practice sharing within teams.
- Periodic reporting of quality issues, performance and metrics to management and team members
- Supporting purchasing with non-conformity costs (NCC) claim process and working with finance to resolve any non conformance related cost issues.
- Perform semi-complex statistical analysis as related to quality. Supports in the analysis of production limitations and problems for continuous improvement opportunities.
- General supplier related activities: Participate in supplier evaluations to ensure supplier capability related to process and product, participate in product and process qualifications (PPQ) to assure that products or services can be fulfilled according to customer specifications and requirements.
- Contribute with technical support and quality and process expertise in quality management systems (QMS) audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or other related discipline is required.
- Member of OIQ is an asset
- Minimum 5-8 years progressive experience in Quality Engineering / Quality Assurance, supplier quality experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of gas, steam turbine and generator products is desirable.
- Supplier quality or supplier development experience required.
- Minimum 5 years experience facilitating or participating in root cause investigations using KT / Apollo / 5Y / Fishbone or similar methods. Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills required. Analytical skills required.
- Knowledge of machining/welding/NDE preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Basic knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Good Knowledge of industry standard quality tools and processes.
- Internal Auditor Certification or capability to obtain within 1 year.
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work well in teams, ability to make the right judgments and decisions, Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Good analytical skills, time management skills, be self-motivated and self-directing and ability to proceed with minimal direction and information, good data mining skills and good computer skills, ability to self-learn, good networking skills.
- Good knowledge of French both written and spoken
- Very good knowledge of English both written and spoken
Job ID: 188440
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.