Making manufacturing smarter.
The manufacturing industry is facing a significant transformation process and we want to ensure the industry's success in the future. To do so, we need forward-thinkers who have an eye for the bigger picture; and clever minds looking for answers. Help us get the manufacturing industry ready for the future of automation and digitalization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
Responsible for all the instrumentation and data integrity from the engine and facility equipment through the Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) Engine Management System (EMS) and of all other electronic systems in the test facility. Also responsible for the DAS and EMS systems (EMS when required for development / production running) operation during engine testing. Liaise between the Instrumentation Application department, Metrology, Testers and subcontractors.
- Administration of the Dynamic Data Acquisition System (DDAS), the Engine Data Acquisition System (EDAS), Facility Control System (FCS), Engine Management System (EMS), Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS) and the Production Data Acquisition System (PDAS) equipment.
- Prepare all related instrumentation for off-engine test in accordance to test requirements or relevant test schedules and/or schemes (Test Bed Change Instructions).
- Ensure instrumentation is functional and properly connected to appropriate data acquisition system channel.
- Configure data acquisition test configuration set-up channels.
- With Test Facility Engineering and Metrology Department design calibration methods specific to the data acquisition and all related systems to ensure quality and accuracy of the captured data.
- Configure simulated data to test software integrity.
- Perform analysis, troubleshooting and rectification of problems affecting performance data discrepancies due to faulty instrumentation signals such as faulty wiring, pressure leaks etc.
- Operate DAS / EMS systems (EMS if required) during engine testing. Monitor parameters, alarm and advise test operators of the problems noted. Troubleshoot and repair test facility system problems.
- File performance and test data electronically in format for presentation to Engine Owner and the Customer.
- Take responsibility for data back-up integrity. Re-play of performed test in support of data reduction requirements.
- Co-ordinates calibration and assist in trending of key parameters toward Industrial Trent Master Test Bed category.
- Maintain documentation of calibration (with metrology department) and/or troubleshooting reports.
- With Test Facility Engineering co-ordinates instrumentation and software upgrades.
- Identification and orders of spare parts required to support systems.
- Provide technical information and supports to Test Facility Engineering Department for Test facility capability and interface projects.
- Prepares and co-ordinates completion of tasks to ensure proper operation of the DAS systems.
- Support aerodynamic flow rigs Test facility for DAS applications.
- Understand full operation of DDAS, EDAS, FCS, EMS and all facility electronic systems, both in routine operation and troubleshooting scenarios.
Test Operations Personnel (Management/Testers/Instrumentation Application Specialists/Test Facility Engineering Specialists); Build shop personnel; Research and Development engineering personnel; External customers; Metrology contractors; equipment maintenance contractors; consumable suppliers
Physical Effort :
- Involves occasional manipulation of heavy equipment, including compressed gas cylinders
- Work effected in test cells and control rooms
- Involves occasional work at heights and/or in confined areas
- Involves occasional work outdoors
- CEGEP DEC in electronic / instrumentation technology
- 5 years as Metrology or Instrumentation technician in a Test environment or equivalent
- Good knowledge of French both written and spoken
- Active team participant
- Good communicator
- Excellent understanding of instrumentation systems and applications.
- Proficient at reading engineering drawings and wiring schematics.
- Good understanding of Metrology principles and practices.
- Basic turbo-machinery terminology and related performance measurement familiarity
- Familiar with current DAS technologies systems and related methods.
- Familiar with information systems technologies (Databases, Spreadsheets, Data management)
- Prepared to work on modified work schedules
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 188443
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.