Wanted: technical writers of the future.
As Technical Writer, you will collaborate with developers, testers, product managers, and other subject matter experts to create and maintain internal and customer-facing content for a global project with distributed teams. You will partner with senior-level writers to succeed as a member of SAFe/Scaled Agile sprint teams, and you will follow the best practices contained in the Global Style & Process Guide for Technical Documentation.
Additionally, you will:
• Interpret design specifications and user stories
• Assess user needs
• Create and manage your sprint tasks
• Work with product prototypes
• Report progress to your sprint team
• Use a content management system to create and publish documentation
• Participate in documentation reviews
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Proficient user in the Microsoft Office products
· Working knowledge with content management systems
· Knowledge of authoring languages, such as XML, HTML, HTML5, etc.
· Awareness of localization processes and translation requirements
· Interest and preferably background with industrial software and products
· Good technical understanding and problem-solving skills
· Capable to work independently and also functions well in a team environment
· Experience working with offshore teams in remote locations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Preferably a degree in technical communications, English or related fields or a Technical Communications certificate from an accredited institution
· Typically, 2-5 years of experience in performing writing, editing and research functions to prepare technical documentation or equivalent position
· You will be familiar with the principles and tools used in topic-based authoring and structured writing.
· You will be expected to stay current on the latest technical documentation trends and technologies
· You will
have some familiarity with cloud computing, IoT, and other Industry 4.0
Job ID: 188450
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.