A brand-new team. A brand-new location. A brand-new challenge. We need you to get us going. You’re an experienced Software Development Manager, and you’ll be responsible for getting our team started in Shannon, Ireland as we build a new software development team from scratch. Mentor, a Siemens Company, is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years. We are focusing on new cloud offerings for our IC Segment products. We will start with Calibre, our industry-leading physical verification solution, to complement the existing market-leading on-premise solutions. To do this, we’re setting up a brand-new team in Shannon, focused on delivering cloud solutions that leverage the investments made in our Siemens Cloud infrastructure. We are proud to work in a fast-paced environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. If you are interested in finding out more, here’s what you’ll need to know..
What will you do?
- Build and lead our Development team – You will hire and lead a strong team of talented developers. You’ll build skills, bring people together and set the standard for development in this new structure.
- Be our first Project Manager – Until the team reaches critical mass, you will manage projects for the team using agile methodologies.
- Make sure we deliver a great product, on-time – You’ll deliver market leading products with fast performance and a compelling user experience. It’s your job to make sure the quality surpasses customer expectations and our releases run smoothly.
- Grow the team – You will be a champion for the growth of the team by expanding the portfolio of the team’s projects to include other IC Segment products.
This role is at the forefront of our new team – you’re a leader. You promote transparency and collaboration, and you connect with people at every opportunity by sharing your knowledge. We’ll hire someone who is a naturally authentic and capable leader; someone who can influence positively and inspire those around you to collaborate and innovate. You’ll be at your best when you’re building people and teams; driving transparency and a culture of continual improvement. You will maintain close relationships with internal and external customers to remain aware of their needs and perspectives, and you will evangelize the team’s solutions to these customers.
What’s needed to do this job successfully?
We are looking for four key skills:
- Software development expertise
- Agile project management skills
- Outstanding leadership both inside and outside the team
- Ability to grow the team through attracting and retaining the best talent
Our preferred candidate will have these qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
- Extensive working experience with EDA, CAE, high-performance computing, and/or cloud computing
- Strong management experience in software companies
- Proven experience leading software projects with co-located and geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated technical acumen and project planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services is a plus
What’s the catch?
There is none. We offer a great salary and benefits – everything you’d expect from a world-renowned company. You get to join at the very start of a high profile global project. You’ll be surrounded by passionate and driven colleagues who share a vision for the success of this team, and you’ll have every opportunity to grow and develop at the heart of our organization.
Job ID: 188452
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time