Can you help us shape the future? We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow.
What are your responsibilities?
- Resolve MRP action and exception messages
- Scheduling specific work centers and maximizing utilization of bottleneck resources
- Executing to the master production schedule and ensuring on-time delivery requirements
- Coordinating vendor operations for respective part families
- Capacity planning for work centers within area of responsibility
- Make decisions jointly with Project Management/Cell Leader/SCM concerning which parts to subcontract
- Work directly with planners/supervisors in other areas to offload overloaded machines to other resources when possible
- Work directly with buyers to coordinate material delivery to aid in load leveling
- Meet regularly with foreman/manager to review production performance, discuss issues and get commitments for promised completion delivery quotations to Master Planner and/or sales teams
- Ensure that projected completion dates for orders for parts within area of responsibility are maintained – These will directly feed the production schedule and Project Management reports
- Identify problems with tooling, programs or material that will impact production schedule
- Produce dispatch lists for all work centers within area of responsibility
- Release shop packets to the floor – Control WIP
- Initiate requests to pull component parts and roughs
- Regularly maintain WIP activities to ensure inventory and labor accuracy
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in factory environment performing planning and scheduling in an ERP system or Project Management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
What additional education, knowledge or skills will assist you in qualifying for this role?
- Associates/Bachelors Degree in a related field
- APICS CPIM certified
- Oracle Production Scheduling and/or ASCP experience
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 188454
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.