Job title: Java Developer
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
This is your role. What part will you play?
* You Should understand the business problems and should be able to convert those into solutions.
* You Should understand non-functional (like performance, scalability etc.) aspect of the application.
* You be pro-active and creative in answering business requirements.
* You able to manage dependencies and timely manage priority.
* You have to Develop software of highly quality and in time efficient manner.
* You should be able to maintain and support all areas of the application.
* You should be willing to work as individual contributor and in teams across geographies.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
* 4-7 years of relevant experience working on Java platforms/applications
* Strong development skills in Java (JDK 1.7 or above)
* Hands on experience in developing Web based, Client/Server Applications using Java and J2EE Technologies
* Strong experience with component-based web application framework Apache Wicket
* Good experience with ORM framework Data Nucleus/JDO
* Proficient in RDMS Database and SQL
* Strong OO skills of design pattern
* Good developing and debugging skills
* Must have experience with agile methodology
* Good understanding of non-functional aspect of programming
* Hands on with LINUX/UNIX basic scripting
* Should have strong problem-solving techniques
* Experience with Multithreading/Data Structures and Algorithms is highly preferred
* Knowledge of JDK 1.8 or above is a plus
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity, and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 188463
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time