Siemens Healthineers are looking for a Material Planner to perform a range of functions in the planning and purchasing of materials to support manufacturing according to the production schedule, customer orders and forecast.
The material planner is responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of inventory to the site to enable the production teams to deliver against targets, whilst maintaining an optimal stock level and dealing with any supply issues that may arise.
The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of material to support the production cells.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the purchasing of raw materials;
Support site by taking ownership of various reports and metrics to ensure
- optimised inventory and service levels are met
- Working closely with production planners, quality engineers, production managers, supervisors and warehouse operatives to ensure goods are available when they need to be;
- Reporting on key metrics and providing visuals and information at daily stand up meetings to communicate any potential issues
- Tracking metrics to build data to influence future decisions and changes
- Reacting to changes in supply to ensure contingency and recovery plan available in a timely manner and any issues escalated as appropriate, with labour and material requirements communicated throughout
- Attending the weekly Master Production Schedule meeting with key stakeholders to align on a firm plan to meet the short to medium term targets and managing the scheduling daily to deliver this
- Reviewing changes to forecast to expedite/ de-expedite as appropriate
- Review usage, lot sizes and lead times to ensure master data is correct and allows for efficient planning
- Responsible for the timely resolution of: return of non-conforming goods, invoice queries or other supply issues
- Working with Commodity Managers, Project Owners and other departments to support existing, replacement and new product requirements.
- Constantly question current practices, identifying improvement opportunities and implementing changes
- Sound understanding of an ERP system and MRP
- Good verbal communication, comfortable with speaking to suppliers, colleagues, management and other stakeholders
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Quality comes first attitude
- Experience in material planning from a manufacturing environment
- Sound SAP knowledge
- Experience in leading projects/ tasks and working effectively in small teams
- Comfortable with data analysis
- Desire to improve, lead
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment
- Over 1 year experience in similar role
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare.
An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory
diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work.
We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. We can offer different flexible working options at Sudbury depending on the role you’re applying for. We’re be happy to talk through these options with you during the application process.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Job ID: 188495
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time