Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a Tendering Manager to be based out of Coventry for our Rail Electrification business. The Tendering Manager will be responsible for leading the UK wide tendering function of the business and creating high performing teams to deliver successful bids in line with the business strategy. This is a strategic and client focused role that will help shape the future of this exciting and innovative business.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Takes ownership of the pipeline of immediate bid opportunities (interfacing with the wider business, in particular the Business Development function, ensure pipeline quality), creating strategic capture plans for key opportunities.
- Opportunities include traditional contracts, frameworks, and alliance projects, using a variety of contracting mechanisms / forms.
- Is involved in the continual development of business strategy and helps to identify the opportunities within the pipeline that align to this business strategy.
- Creates and maintains a resource forecast based on the opportunity pipeline. This includes forecast of direct bid staff, but also forecast requirements for staff from around the business to support current and upcoming tenders.
- Establishes, manages, and reviews bid budgets for individual tenders, and the financial year.
- Creates and leads high performing bid teams.
- Direct line management of Bid Managers within the business, with responsibility for supporting staff development.
- Ensures that all bids are created in accordance with internal processes and governance, including but not limited to, Limits of Authority (LoA), and PM@Siemens stage-gate process.
- Takes hands-on responsibility to lead high value and / or key strategic tenders in a Bid Manager role.
- Responsible for ensuring continual development and improvement of bid process and practise within the business.
- Reviews bids produced by the Bid Managers, arranging internal reviews with Senior Management in line with Siemens processes.
- Responsible for developing good customer relationships, attending client presentations at either pre or post qualification stages as required.
What Knowledge & Experience do I need?
- Degree qualified. Ideally within engineering, management, or a subject relevant to the role.
- Proven experience of Bid Management preferably within the UK rail industry, or other construction / infrastructure industry.
- Ideally previous experience in leading teams of people to deliver multiple bids within a business unit.
- Ideally previous experience within a commercial and a technical environment.
- Good understanding of contract forms and their application in a project environment.
- Excellent written communication, with the ability to produce convincing and well written bid responses.
- Excellent presentation, time management and organisational skills.
- The role holder will have the ability to influence, negotiate, and have excellent management skills.
- Proficient in all main Microsoft Office packages.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 188510
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time