We are looking for a software engineer who will contribute to the R&D activities of the team. Our general research direction is related to energy systems which covers broad range of possible applications. Having out-of-the-box thinking on this position you will be able to fulfill your interest in applied research and will have a chance to implement your ideas into business of Siemens.
What are responsibilities?
General areas of responsibilities cover:
• Contribution to R&D projects in the area of Energy Systems as a technical expert: development of ideas, understanding of industrial customer needs, execution of projects within a team of R&D engineers and software developers
• Ramp-up and coordination of research projects with universities
• Development of algorithms in Python (data analysis, machine learning, optimization, monitoring / diagnostics algorithms for power grids and industrial equipment)
• Proposition and development of own innovative ideas for the sake of contribution to the teams’ R&D portfolio
• Patenting of ideas contributing to the company’s intellectual property portfolio
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• MSc degree in computer sciences (or equivalent experience)
• Great interest and motivation for applied research
• Creative thinking and willingness to get knowledge in various technical domains (power engineering, gas turbines design & operation, etc.)
• Knowledge in machine learning / data analysis / deep learning / semantics
• Experience in commercial software and algorithms development using Python, MATLAB, R, Java (>3 years)
• Communication skills and readiness to work in a team as well as individually, ability to prioritize work
• Fluent English
What would be beneficial?
• PhD degree in computer sciences
• Experience with Cloud Computing, e.g. AWS, MS Azure
• Data warehouse engineering
• Contribution to journals/blogs/professional community resources
What else should I know?
• Full time position
• Corporate medical insurance
• Corporate pension program
• Corporate trainings
• Fitness compensation
• Lunch compensation
• Relocation support for candidates
from outside of St. Petersburg
Job ID: 188524
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: OOO Siemens
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time