Billing Analyst are responsible for the maintenance of one or more contracts within the Costpoint project module. As a Billing Analyst you will prepare customer invoices, resolve billing related issues, perform AR collections activities, and other project duties as assigned. A Billing Analyst must understand the basic contract document as it relates to billing, identify and confirm invoicing requirements with the contracts department, and as necessary collaborate with project controllers to devise a project structure that considers billing, revenue and cost accumulation requirements.
· Prepare timely and accurate customer billings [Cost Plus, T&M, and FFP]
· Compile and validate all billing backup fully supports customer invoice
· Interface with the PMO and customer where required to discuss billing detail
· Ensure any billing related issues are quickly resolved
· Maintain detailed billing records
· Participate in internal and external project audits as required
· Perform AR collections
· Assist project controller with other project related duties as required
· Assist with contract close-out process
· Ad hoc project reporting and analysis
· Adhere to company policies and procedures
· Must be a United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country or foreign visas.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related discipline preferred or equivalent work experience
· Three (3) to (5) years of experience relating to Program Controls, Project Administrator, Financial Analysis, and Billing in the Government / Defense industry for various contract types and complexity
· Strong organizational and analytical skills
· Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work and multitask effectively
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Strong customer service skills
· Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently
· Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
· Intermediate level MS Excel skills
· Familiar with Government contracts, FAR and CAS
· Working knowledge of project accounting and GAAP principles
· Experience with Deltek Costpoint, and Costpoint Project module, Sales Order module a bonus
· Strong administrative skills
· Capable of taking ownership of issues and develop / drive solutions
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain an active U.S. government Secret clearance if required at some point.
- U.S citizenship is required based on government requirement for clearance.
Job ID: 188581
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.