The Siemens Cybersecurity organization is growing its industrial cybersecurity business and product portfolio. The Product Lifecycle Manager (PLM) will contribute to a rapidly growing business responsible for helping customers handle risk to their industrial environments and adapting service approaches as threats and customer / business needs evolve. We are seeking someone who will take responsibility for leading the development of products in the cybersecurity portfolio, including service solutions. In this role, you will use your experience to handle existing products and to identify, develop and commercialize new product solutions. You will be involved with assessing customer needs, market conditions, regulatory requirements and competition to prioritize portfolio expansion.
We will look for you to successfully lead cross functional teams, display strong project management skills, and influence people across and up the organization. You will report directly to the Head of Cybersecurity Portfolio Development.
- Lead cross-functional project teams in end-to-end cybersecurity product development.
- Develop business cases, cost basis, margins, pricing, major projects, market entry/ exit, and overall strategic direction for the products within the position’s responsibility.
- Coordinate with organizations including, Legal, Finance, Go-to-Market, Engineering, and Procurement to develop new, commercial-ready products.
- Engage with Solution Architects, Product Owners and Development to define and refine solutions, and to prioritize product features based on business needs.
- Establish product positioning and value propositions.
- Generate collateral to be used by marketing and sales on the product launch and go to market strategy to ensure that products are successful in the marketplace upon release.
- Support regional teams with product training.
- Serve as the technical authority within the area of responsibility. Lead product development and maintenance budgets for assigned projects. Work with minimal supervision on complex projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
We look for the following to be successful in this position:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar OR Associates Degree with 10 years of professional experience
- 7+ years of product management experience required, with the ability to lead highly complex projects across cross-functional teams.
- 5+ years of experience with cybersecurity and/or industrial controls systems. High level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional challenges.
- Ability to distill complex issues into concrete challenges / decision-points for senior management.
- Data analysis skills, technical expertise, customer & field interactions, business insight.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
You will move to the front of the pack if you have:
- Experience working in a global R&D function.
- Some P&L responsibility or budget management experience.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 188593
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.