Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting interns for our Summer 2020 Strategic Student Program. Our internship positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
have positions available in software development, user experience, data
management, technical marketing, engineering consulting, and research &
design innovation. More information on our specific roles are included in this
· Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Able to work from Northville, MI without relocation assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Intern
Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is the industry leading Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software that allows you to simulate almost any engineering problem that involves fluids, structures and all of the associated physics. Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a complete multiphysics solution for the simulation of products and designs operating under real-world conditions. Uniquely, Simcenter STAR-CCM+ brings automated design exploration and optimization to the simulation toolkit of every engineer, allowing you to efficiently explore the entire design space instead of focusing on single point design scenarios.
Your responsibility will be to engage in one of our innovative teams by:
· Creation of content for our customer knowledge base (written articles or videos)
· Setup, running and post-processing of CFD simulations: example files, verification and benchmarking
· Providing STAR-CCM+ CFD customer support to entry-level users
· Providing support to customers related to IT questions (license server setup; installation)
· Assisting the team with organizational activities (related to customer trainings, etc.)
- Studying for a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or related field with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics
- Basic understanding of IT hardware and software systems. Knowledge of Linux and Windows for IT administration tasks.
- Experience with programming; preferably Java or C++.
- Experience with CFD simulations (OpenFoam, Fluent, STAR-CCM+, research codes) and CAD packages (NX, CATIA, SolidWorks) is an advantage
- Driven and self-motivated
- Eager to learn more and willing to work on challenging tasks
Job ID: 188598
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.