Staff Research Scientist - Deep Learning - Medical Image Analysis
The Medical Imaging Technology team of Siemens Healthcare Technology Center has an immediate opening in Princeton, NJ for a research scientist with a focus on Deep Learning and Medical Image Analytics. Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated researchers. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
• Research, design, and implement algorithms in Deep Learning for Medical Image Analysis problems.
• Advance the state-of-the-art research, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
• Work on large-scale, real-world problems.
• Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of image and video analysis product components.
• Work with customers to understand requirements and deliver solutions
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Ph.D. in an engineering or science field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or Applied Math
• Strong background in Deep Learning.
• 4+ years of industry experience or post-doctoral studies in Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Image Understanding preferred.
• Experience in GPU programming.
• Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++ is a must. Further experience in Scripting languages such as Python is a plus.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English are required
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
Job ID: 188616
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.