Area Sales Manager (Rotating Equipment)
As an Area Sales Manager you will facilitate all client activity during the various business and project development phases of an opportunity through order entry. Identifies value drivers at each stage of acquisition cycle, client project evaluators, influencers and decision-makers in customer organization
In addition, you will develop long term and deep relationship with new and existing customers within assigned geography Acts as the client, project or market champion within Siemens
Executes Siemens Oil & Gas Strategies by working closely with other business units active in the region.
- Provide leadership and focus for achieving sales growth within the region with assigned and new accounts in line with governance framework.
- Proactively develop sales opportunities and regional marketing and sales plans.
- Initiates the order pursuit process and strategy development supporting defined quality gates and processes.
- Create, maintain required information in Salesforce/Tableau tool in a punctual and accurate manner
- Supports market work stream leads in preparation of opportunity proposals, sales strategies and value propositions
- Ensures technical and commercial proposal meet client datelines and other requirements.
- Prepares a quantified value proposition and presents it to the key stakeholders internally and externally
- Monitors and communicates market activity and trends and order entry forecasts for multiple fiscal periods.
- Establishes and maintains preferred provider relationship with the key decision-makers and influencers within client organizations.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5 years’of experience of Turbo Machinery applications in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong ability to build and maintain business relationships
- Existing network of relevant contacts and relationships within region required
- Must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to follow and successfully apply all internal processes and policies.
- Drive for results with a proven track record of goal attainment and demonstrated ability to work with limited daily supervision
- Strong communication and presentations skills, both written and oral at all levels
- Must possess capability or experience to be successful in a matrix-based organization building productive relationships with peers, superiors and others where formal reporting relationships do not exist.
- Ability to travel up to 20% or as needed (Domestic/International)
- Experience with reciprocating compressors
- Knowledge of prime movers and compression equipment a plus
- Knowledge of compressor applications, construction, and performance.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 188627
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.