Siemens Mobility Inc., Rolling Stock Division produces light rail vehicles, electric and diesel locomotives, and passenger coaches. As our Buyer Planner, you will be a key member of the Order Management team and manages the critical and complex suppliers to ensure on time delivery of open purchase orders to support production demand.
• Ensure continuous supply of required materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
• Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completion
• Send Request for Quotes (RFQs)
• Place urgent purchase orders with suppliers
• Escalate the approval process for urgent order placement
• Review replenishment reports daily
• Contact suppliers to resolve price, delivery or invoice issues
• Communicate with various departments to resolve demand requirements
• Lead purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning, sourcing and engineering departments to solve complicated material supply issues
• Communicate between departments for allocation of excess materials to projects
• Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
• Interpret internal / external business challenges and recommend best practices to improve products, processes or services
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum 8-10 years of experience in procurement / SCM in a manufacturing environment
• Associate degree in a related discipline – business, manufacturing, or engineering degree is preferred
• Proficient in MRP tools such as JDE or SAP
• Proficient MS Excel skills. Well versed other MS Office products (Word, PP & Outlook).
• Experience in an engineer-to-order manufacturing environment
• Strong negotiating skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Strong technical knowledge and understanding of procurement, inventory control, and process control.
• Results-orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
• Tenacious and assertive driver who escalates in supplier organization as well as internally
• Ability to understand, evaluate & monitor supplier capacity
• Analytical, numerically astute with proven problem solving abilities
• Strong written & oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
• Ability to lead others to solve complex problems and use sophisticated analytical thinking to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy
• ISO 9000 experience. TS16949 and AS9100 a plus
Job ID: 188633
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.