Seeking an intern to contribute to the Siemens Healthineers Molecular Diagnostics R&D Business located in Berkeley, CA. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment. Contributions are expected at the individual level.
The intern will be a member of the R&D team responsible for the development of the next generation PCR technology at the company. The intern will participate and contribute in the following endeavors:
- Improving efficiency of sample preparation for PCR
- Understanding chemistries critical in sample preparation for PCR
- Understanding of bead-polymer interactions and surface chemistries
- Understanding of polymer behavior in solution
- Experimental design, analysis, interpretations and reporting of results
The intern will learn how to plan, execute, optimize, and design experimental ideas in a fast paced industrial R&D.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS/PhD Degree in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biophysics, Chemistry, Biology or a related field with experience in research demonstrating basic knowledge as described above
- Good understanding of polymer properties in solution, microfluidics, suspension physics
- Experience with: wet bench experiments, liquid handling, sample preparation for pcr
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and highly collaborative, and have the ability to work with and coordinate with members within the R&D team
Job ID: 188638
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.