SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is seeking a confident and self-motivated technical sales professional to grow our Mechanical Services business in the Los Angeles area in vertical markets such as Healthcare, K-12, Universities, and Municipalities.
Using your technical and financial expertise, along with your critical thinking and influencing skills, you will help tailor our customer’s needs into winning solutions. This position is part of the Branch Service Sales Team for Building automation, however we are interested in candidates that have sales experience with mechanical service agreements and mechanical retrofit projects in addition to and understand of HVAC control systems. This is a growing market for Siemens are we are looking for someone excited for the challenge of taking Mechanical Services to the next level.
Develops new business relationships with End-User Clients to position and create a business case to utilize Siemens Building Technologies solutions in their facilities and new construction projects. Possesses the skills to communicate the impact to the customer’s business objectives of utilizing Siemens solutions within their facilities. Typical End-User decision-makers contacted include C-Level executives, VP of Operations, and Directors of Facilities. Responsible to maintain/expand these relationships within assigned, existing client accounts as well as create new customer relationships. Acts as a Trusted Advisor to customers across their enterprises. Typical vertical markets targeted include Healthcare, Higher Education, Data Centers, Life Sciences (R&D), and Commercial Office.
- Creates and implements strategic sales strategies to successfully position Siemens to secure targeted projects in a competitive environment
- Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales to operations turnover and monitors progress
- Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed. Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly
- Manage and develop new customers, while maintaining existing sales within assigned customers and a given sales territory
- Check out existing equipment and recommend upgrades, replacements or service contracts to maintain
- Prepare accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking
- Participates in civic and professional organizations to build a network of contacts to advance achievement of sales targets
- Actively participates in sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills
- When managing current accounts, develops and deploys account management strategies and prepares annual technology roadmap for clients
- Team sells with other Division partners when appropriate to bundle solutions and expand Siemens participation in opportunities. Other solutions typically bundled include Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, and Low & Medium Voltage products
- Develops and builds long-term relationships
- Expand the value of assigned accounts for all SBT offerings
Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives. Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or a similar field, although a combination of education (HS Diploma a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered
- At least 6 years of directly related HVAC Mechanical Service Sales experience strongly preferred, although candidates with less than 6 years’ experience of directly related industry sales experience OR candidates with 6+ years’ experience in a similar industry selling to Mechanical Contractors, Consulting Engineers, General Contractors and Construction Managers will also be considered
- Strong understanding of Mechanical Systems and Equipment
- Requires technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell SBTs solutions and service product lines
- Related professional certifications preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Driver’s License in good standing, and must meet eligibility requirements to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Plan
Why Siemens? We offer
- A competitive base salary plus a generous, no cap limit, commission plan
- Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
- All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
- Extensive sales and product training and career
Job ID: 188644
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.