Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Supporting the sales team to evaluate the sub vendor techno-commercial offers for mechanical & electrical packages for Hydro Power plant business. Packages include Hydro Turbine, Generators, Transformers, Electrical & Automation Equipment and auxiliary equipment.
- Prepare technical and commercial offers with above scope for Hydro Power plant tenders/enquiries for submissions to Customer.
- Work with Customers & Sub-vendors to achieve satisfactory sign-off of technical & commercial bids to successfully acquire the projects with the Sales team.
- Hold regular progress reviews with project team and external suppliers. Prepare summary information so that lesson learnt during execution shall be implemented in project acquisition stage and contribute to our culture of continuous improvement.
- Candidate should be willing to go extra mile and support engineering team (during project execution) based upon workload situation.
- It is added advantage if candidate is having Sales & Business development experience [Hydro Power plants] as well or is willing to support the Sales team for developing the business.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Qualification: Mechanical Engineer with good grades having inclination to work as Bid Manager.
- Have basic knowledge and experience of working in Hydro Power Plants.
- Should have minimum 8 - 10 years of work experience of Engineering / Bid Management.
- Good communication skills and presentations skills.
- Basic knowledge of commercial aspects in the Contracts.
- Knowledge of MS Projects, MS Office tools like Excel, Word, Power-point
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- · This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
- · We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 188676
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time