• The ‘Engineer - Verification / Validation’ is primarily responsible for software testing in product development.
• He / she shall verify and validate the DCS functions ensuring that control applications & configuration are healthy. This includes reviewing, testing and maintaining releases for control applications used by plants. It also includes performing bug analysis, bug testing.
• He/she is responsible for test design and its execution as per prescribed test strategy to ensure that software application complies with implicit and explicit requirements.
• Review user / software requirements documentation with relevant stake holders.
• Specify and execute test cases (including automation scripts if applicable) based on analyzed requirements and overall test strategy
• Develop & validate automated and manual tests.
• Report errors in bug tracking tool and track the issues to closure incl. support of defect investigation, validate defect fixes and analyze impact of fixes.
• Create test documentations including test specifications, impact testing and Ensure product & process quality as per customer requirements and defined software development guidelines together with Test Manager and (Lead) Engineer - Quality / Senior Quality Manager as well as Lead Engineer Validation & Verification and reasoning
• Create test reports including defect logging and test result logging, defect analysis, RCA, summary reports.
• Validate Technical documentation (e.g. Administrator’s Manuals, User guide)
Required Skills and Experience
• B.E/B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control / Electronics / Electrical Engineering.
• Candidate with 2-4 years of Software testing experience in Power Plant Automation systems (DCS) or any other processing plants.
• Practical experience at project sites and engineering centers would be essential.
• Strong control process Domain knowledge is expected with Distributed Control System (DCS, PLC, SCADA)
• Experience in Administrator tasks of DCS is preferred
• Experienced in Networking and communication protocols
• Experience of features and functions in a control system
• Experience on protocols like IEC61850, IEC60870 and DNP in a control system
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills required. Strong Analytical skills are desirable for bug handling
• Experience on Simatic family products. (Scalances network switches, firewall, S7 CPU, ADDFEM)
• Good communication skill (oral and written), quick learner for new technologies.
• Experience in Engineering, commissioning and testing of Power Plant Automation systems (DCS) on project sites or any other processing plants will have an added advantage.