Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Turning great ideas into action
Our engineers help to efficiently provide entire cities with power, to make manufacturing more intelligent, and assist NASA with their exploration of Mars. Why? Because their motto is “Get in there and try it!” Because they see themselves as trailblazers, problem-solvers, and partners of the industry. All over the world. Join us and find out how you can contribute your skills at our company and how we can help you develop.
Working together for the future
· You’ll be responsible of engineering activities during proposal and execution phases of HV AIS and GIS system projects.
· You’ll analyze the technical information of the request and process any required clarification or negotiation either internally or externally with the customer/supplier.
· You’ll use necessary engineering tools for configuring design and realize technical specifications for the purchase department.
· You’ll coordinate with PLM/R&D departments for special topics and will attend to FAT or SAT on the factory or at site.
· You’ll coordinate technically on sales phase and with EPC partner to optimize BOM during tender phase.
· Attend customer meetings for design reviews and engineering approvals
What you need to make real what matters
· You are an Electrical Engineer with 7-8 years’ experience in substation engineering.
· You have hands-on experience in design and engineering for Substations (Air Insulated Substation / Gas Insulated Substation)
· You are proficient with Microsoft Excel and well versed on CAD tools like Auto CAD, Earthing design, sag-tension, short circuit etc.
· You've sound technical knowledge and in depth understanding of the electro-technical languages, symbology and IEC standards.
· You've hands on design experience for multiple projects in substation design and have deep understanding of customer specification for several customers.
· You’ve phenomenal verbal and inter personal skills and are willing to travel for national and international business trips.
· You’re calm, collected and collaborative work well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environment.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens?
This role is based in Aurangabad, but you’ll also get to visit other locations in different countries, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.Find out more about Gas and Power at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/gas-power.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 188718
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time