Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of quantity surveying? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in quantity surveying? So do we. We believe our graduate programme differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Begin your graduate journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you to develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you will be set up with the best knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
- Get to grips with all aspects of Contract Administration - the mechanisms and procedures that apply to contracts
- Roll up your sleeves for some contract practice, and immerse yourself in the day-to-day operations of a project
- Understand the implications and obligations that apply to everyone involved within the contract
- Look after the financial management aspects of your project, such as change procedures, valuations, loss, expense and final accounts
- Prepare and present reports on the performance of a project
- Give effective forecasting of costs, risks and financial implications
- Carry out measurement and quantification
- Seek out opportunities that strengthen your skills and knowledge to prepare you for a future with Siemens
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- Completed or on track to complete your degree in quantity surveying or commercial management
- You must be comfortable and confident working within a team - liaising when needed with finance, project management, engineering, planning departments and senior stakeholders
- Good technical knowledge, or able to pick up and apply new concepts quickly
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of quantity surveying. Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Job ID: 188772
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time