Siemens Rail Automation is adding to their team and seeking to hire its next Quality Systems Manager.
The mission for this role is to operatively establish, maintain and optimize a Quality Management System (QMS), including required certifications, according to the business requirements and Mobility directives. Consult the management regarding current and future quality/regulatory requirements and risks. Drive together with Manufacturing management continuous improvement to reach extraordinary quality within Operations and direct professionally all quality employees that support production.
In this role, we are responsible for the overall functional success within the Rail Automation Quality organization. You will demonstrate and apply advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for the area led and experienced knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact. You should have an advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
Ideally, you will have a detailed use of know-how to solve complex problems and demonstrate high professional judgement competence. You will be an idea generator for new and practical solutions, possibly changing existing approaches and having an impact on results in larger, matrixed organization. You should be well-established in external and internal networks within specialist field and actively sharing knowledge in a systematic way in larger organization to grow know-how base and supports a learning organization.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Quality Management System (QMS).
- Manage, maintain, and improve all external registration requirements to ensure they are met.
- Develop, improve, and maintain all relevant procedures contained in the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Ensure that Quality systems, programs and procedures are updated, revised and modified to meet the needs of external certification bodies.
- Update quality documentation and communicate to carry forward lessons learned from quality concerns
- Ensure that all necessary systems and procedures are in place to satisfy all customer requirements and audits
- Introduce new systems and procedures where appropriate
- Train others in all aspects of the Quality System and application of procedures
- Lead, perform regular internal and process audits of the QMS
- Ensure corrective actions are undertaken to address nonconformities found
- Verify closure of Findings and nonconformities with certification bodies
- Manage the Audit Findings Nonconformity database.
- Provide detailed analysis of nonconformities including Root Cause Analysis.
- Develop, implement and run key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the plan, including management of, and reporting
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Preferred Bachelors Science -Engineering Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering is helpful, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
10 years’ experience in automotive, transportation or manufacturing industry with a strong background in Quality. Knowledgeable of all industry regulations and requirements.
Must have knowledge with ISO 9001: 2015 and or TS 16949 standards. Auditing Certification preferred.
Statistical Analysis knowledge and Data Analysis experience.
Six Sigma/Lean Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement methodology experience preferred.
Process/Value Stream mapping and Lean experience preferred.
Strong communications background, both written and verbal
Demonstrate quality principles/ process knowledge, to include root cause analysis, structured problem solving, and continuous improvement methods.
ASQC Certifications helpful
Other characteristics of the successful candidate:
Very organized, detail-oriented
Able to work independently
Excellent analytical, communication, writing, and problem-solving skills
Effective and influential in his/her interactions in team-based assignments
Able to work well with personnel from different departments, and experience levels
Ability for potential international travel from time to time
Ability to travel domestic or international up to 50%
Job ID: 188788
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.