Join our Fire Alarm Installation Team, and while you’re working for an entrepreneurial global company, you will enhance your long-term career path. We offer exceptional benefits, including a matching 401K retirement plan. We are currently searching for a Field Technician with background installing, programming and expanding commercial Fire Alarm Systems. The Field Technician II will support San Antonio, Laredo, Corpus Christi, and customers in South Texas markets.
Provides technical service to customer's Fire Alarm systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
Coordinates with contractors in the process of installing systems.
Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules on a team rotational basis.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma / (GED)
- 2+ years experience programming fire alarm systems with the understanding of logic functions (AND, OR, etc)
- TX state Fire Alarm License (FAL)
- Must be willing to travel 40% of the time
- Technical proficiency with tools like multimeter, tone generator, hand tools, etc.
- Understand and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to plan and coordinate with other trades.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and basic computer skills.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge about multi-node fire alarm network systems
- NICET II in Fire Alarm Systems
Job ID: 188791
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.