The Automation Informatics Consultant will be typically dedicated to one specific MegaLab customer account, providing on-site support for Siemens automation and middleware solutions. The AIC will also be responsible for providing dedicated, on-site customer support for system configuration, which includes pre-installation, installation, training, troubleshooting and post-implementation support of Siemens Healthineers’ middleware and automation products. The Automation Informatics Consultant will support multiple operational shifts including on-call rotations.
This position is located in the Clifton NJ area.
The areas of responsibilities are to work closely with on-site Siemens Healthineers’ management, first, second and third-shift employees. The MegaLab customer-dedicated, on-site Automation Informatics Consultant must respond to difficult on-site system problems. The Automation Informatics Consultant will be integral to the planning of an installation, instrument setup and training of on-site, customer lab personnel.
The AIC will routinely interact directly with customers including Laboratory Managers, Supervisors and IT Administrators as well as external Laboratory Information System vendors and 3rd party middleware companies.
The following are the core responsibilities for the Automation Informatics Consultant position
• Assist in meeting business objectives
• Pre-installation and installation support
• Hospital enterprise IT and security
• Laboratory Information System (LIS) interface communication
• Network security and connectivity agreement
• Customer specific workflow decisions that will determine system configuration
• Implementation activities including software installation
• Network setup
• Application configuration
• Performing verification and acceptance testing
• Training of lab personnel
• Post-implementation support activities (on-site and remote)
• Follows the Siemens Diagnostics escalation process
• Perform software upgrades
• Attending meetings/conference calls
• Complying with Siemens quality/regulatory policy
• Able to independently solve problems and troubleshoot to resolve software malfunctions
• Responds positively and appropriately to challenge with minimal assistance
• Seeks guidance from appropriate personnel if needed
• Understands the implication of change, adapts quickly and adjusts appropriately
• Develops a technical support network within Siemens to achieve results
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS Computing or Information Technology, or Engineering
• Healthcare IT, security, and data privacy
• Computer Hardware: physical ports (Serial, Parallel, RJ-X, PS/2, VGA, USB, SATA, IDE); Serial-to-USB Converters; Memory; NICs; Hard Drives; Optical Drives; Printer Installation; UPS
• Computer Software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser, RAID configurations; Back-up and Recovery
• Windows: XP; Windows7+ Server2kx; Name Resolution; Local User and Group management; Administrative Tools; Troubleshooting Utilities
• Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; LANs; WANs; switching; Internet access technologies
• Logical network concepts: IP Addressing; VLANs; Routing; Packets; Subnets
• Network Infrastructure: DNS; DHCP; Active Directory; Proxy Servers
• Remote Access technologies: RDP; VNC; VPN
• Security concepts: Encryption; Authentication; Certificates; HIPAA; HITECH; Firewalls; DMZ; HTTPS
• Application Architecture: Thick Client vs. Thin Client, Java, XML, Web Services, Databases
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of network architecture models (OSI, TCP/IP) and theory
• Possess communication and computer skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and customer interaction skills
• Effectively communicate and interact with multiple business functions and management levels
• Strong complex problem solving skills and the ability to translate technical issues into non-technical terms
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, accept responsibility and prioritize without significant management intervention
• Professional attitude, comfortable working in a large corporate setting populated with diverse types of people, maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations, ability to accept change
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Industry certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, Healthcare IT Technician, etc. or potential to obtain within six months
• Cloud technologies: SaaS, DaaS, IaaS (including virtualization), etc.
• Business skills, including project management, and financial analysis (i.e. ROI, NPV, etc.) to determine impact and value of projects and innovations to business
• Laboratory experience such as MT or MLT and training experience within a Healthcare environment.
• Computer Software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser and RAID configurations; MySQL and Linux Back-up and Recovery
• Windows: XP, 7; Server2kx; Name Resolution; NTFS permissions; Registry; local Group Policy; Local User and Group management; Administrative Tools; Troubleshooting Utilities.
• Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; Encapsulation; VPN; LANs; VLANs; WANs; switching; bridging; Internet access technologies; ARP
• Security concepts: CIA; Encryption; Authentication; Certificates; HIPAA; Firewalls; DMZ; HTTPS