Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Systems Engineer
This is a role
well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their
career. As a Systems
Engineer, you will be
- You will be the chief Systems Engineer responsible for Leading the Execution of the Engineering Deliverables of the Product Lifecycle Process for Siemens Ultrasound product development projects, in order to achieve products of high quality and maintain compliance to medical device standards and regulations.
- You will collaborate with product management, clinicians, customers, UX designers, project management and SAFe solution engineers to define product and system requirements and successfully execute projects, while maintaining development and product quality.
- You will represent Engineering on a cross-functional project team and lead the engineering team through requirements definition, risks hazard assessment, system design, implementation and test. In particular, you will have leadership roles in system integration and project change control, and guide the technical team from design inputs to design outputs.
- You will lead the Engineering team through phase-gate project reviews, represent Engineering in business reviews with the Management Team, and be a key reviewer of major documents such as the systems requirements specification, system integration plans, risks assessments.
- You will work with other Systems Engineers and Design Engineers to improve the key development processes, product quality, and future project execution.
This position may suit you best if you relate with what is below, and
would like to develop your career with Healthineers
- You are a motivated individual who strives for excellence and inspires others. You always want to do better.
- A proficiency for using new technologies to improve efficiencies within the organization is an interest of yours.
- A desire to develop products that help and improve the clinical outcomes of patients
- One of your strongest attributes is influencing other individuals for whom you would not have a direct reporting relationship.
- You believe that sharing knowledge strengthens the Organization and leads to better outcomes.
- Willing to travel up to 5%, including internationally
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate in Physics, Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field
- 5+ years experience in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Ultrasound Engineering, Software Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics, or related experience in a regulated industry. Ideal candidate will have experience in medical devices, preferably medical imaging and ultrasound.
- Experience with managing a variety of engineering teams, either through direct management or indirect management as a Lead role.
- Understanding of the practical application of Design Controls, System Integration methodologies, Requirements Management, and change control in Medical Device product development.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a Quality Management System and Regulatory processes and proficiencies.
- Can participate in quality process improvements, complaints investigations, and safety assessments.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific position before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 188807
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.