Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
Under the supervision of the Director, Applications Software; the Software Developer is responsible for the design, development and documentation of software for Epocal’s in-house and product software applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, implements and documents application software for Epocal’s internal tools (Analytical Tools).
- Uses applicable technologies that include: C#, .NET, JSON, WPF, WCF, Relational Database design and development (MS SQL Server), Unit testing
- Windows applications development, including dynamic libraries, user interfaces, databases, services and forms
- Analyzes software application performance; devise and implement optimizations
- Develops software unit tests and perform manual quality-assurance testing
- Compiles technical documentation of software features and functionality
- Recommends and develops software architecture and high level design
- Works within the development team and independently, conduct integration of software component and interfaces
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Manages with minimum supervision medium scaled projects and assignments
- Communicates with engineers and manufacturer's technical support staff regarding programming needs and performance, gather requirements, fulfill user requests, provide assistants and conduct training
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
- Reports to Director, Applications Software
- Coordinates with technical staff (engineering and scientific)
- Supports corporate quality systems and policy via software QA and company QA / regulatory department interfaces
- Requires a degree of independent requirements analysis and liaison with internal and external sources
- FDA/GMP/ISO - highly regulated operating environment
- Solid software engineering skills with knowledge of multiple technologies
- Well organized work habits
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good people skills
- Bachelors’ degree in software related engineering or related discipline and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal.
- 3-10 years related experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal.
Job ID: 188819
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.