We are recruiting for a Production Chemist to join our healthcare diagnostics team. This is a relatively entry level role, suitable for a recently qualified Chemist of Science graduate with a genuine interest and passion for chemistry. Ideally you will have already gained some experience within a manufacturing and Lab environment previously.
The role is based at our well-established and modern manufacturing and distribution facility based at Llanberis, Wales.
The facility, based in the Snowdonia National Park, manufactures and distributes reagents used in hospitals worldwide to aid the diagnosis of medical conditions.
Further information about our site at Llanberis can be found here - https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/laboratory-diagnostics
What are the responsibilities?
- Plan, organise and perform simultaneous formulation of solutions such that products are supplied in the correct quantity and on time.
- Manufacture to defined specifications following defined procedures and completing all documentation accurately to produce products of high quality.
- Preparation of pilot solutions including raw material tittering, conformance and investigative samples to assist in the continued supply of products.
- To competently and safely operate, maintain, clean and calibrate equipment / machinery / areas used in the manufacturing process.
- Maintenance of stocks and stock records through timely computer transactions.
- Handling of hazardous biological and chemical materials safely.
- Use all company equipment supplied in a safe and efficient manner and keep the equipment in good order at all times.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written within the team, departments and line management.
- To effectively participate in Quality Improvement projects with the aim of collectively or individually achieving measurable improvements in performance.
- Play an effective role in any projects in which you are involved and perform other duties consistent with your position as may be required by the Company.
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times and to highlight any real or potential Health and Safety to Management in a timely manner.
- To comply with documented Quality and Environmental System requirements at all times. To highlight any real or potential compliance issues to Management in a timely manner.
- To maintain the highest possible standards of housekeeping at all times.
- To ensure that all documentation is completed to the required quality standards and in a timely manner including performing calculations and calculation checks.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Degree / higher education within a scientific subject
- Basic scientific understanding and the ability to perform calculations
- An understanding of a manufacturing environment
- Previous laboratory experience is advantageous
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work in a team
- IT literate
- The ability to work to deadlines
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind. While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We’re also deeply invested in our 48,000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry. And as we strive to shape the future of healthcare, our overall success will depend on our ability to continuously reinvent ourselves.
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 188828
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time