Siemens Mobility, Inc. is looking for a Business Segment (BS) Controller for our Customer Service Business Unit. In this role, you will be responsible for the profit and loss of the Mainline Transport (MLT) Business Segment by directing its accounting and financial functions. Segment currently generates $80M annual revenues with over $1B in backlog. This exciting and challenging position is based in New Castle, Delaware.
- Ensures that all relevant commercial aspects are considered in all entrepreneurial decisions, among other things in bids and project execution.
- Responsible to design and realize the BS strategic and business goals (including budgets) together with the BS Head.
- Drives best results in growth, profit, FCF, EVA by effective performance of financial resources, excellent leadership and people development.
- Leads and executes the performance controlling for the BS, taking responsibility for correct accounting & reporting in compliance with relevant guidelines, as well as Month End Closing Activities and commercial KPI activities.
- Guarantees transparent and up to date commercial information as basis for strategic and operational actions and decisions.
- Continuously looks for improvements to processes, systems and tools via robotics or optimization.
- Leads Commercial Bid and Project Managers in line with PM at Siemens, thereby applying guidelines and regulations of the company; including contracts/claim management and negotiations. This includes responsibility for financial/commercial management of contracts with customers, consortium partners, regional units and suppliers while maximizing the project profit and customer satisfaction.
- Leads a proactive Risk Management and NCC-Management.
- Ensures continues Inventory optimization to meet business needs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent
• 10+ years of experience, preferably in after sale project business
• Experience managing P&L and Balance Sheets
• Ability to make recommendations based advanced root cause and alternative solution analysis
• Excellent commercial, oral, and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills and adjust communication
• The ability to understand and articulate information to multiple stakeholders is required in a fast paced and often dynamic work environment
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight timeliness
• Ability to work independently and also in a team environment is required.
Required amount of travel: 25%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Accounting and Finance is preferred
• Past BS Controller experience is a plus
• Commercial function in sales experience
Job ID: 188847
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.