As a Procurement Specialist, you will coordinate the purchase and delivery of assigned engineered commodities and services in a manner that is consistent with company policies and performance goals.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Purchase parts and services at best savings and value for the company.
- Establish a working partnership and a positive relationship with suppliers.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data with error free transactions.
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet external customer requirements and the requirements of our internal customers. Ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased material and services.
- Evaluates supplier performance and work with suppliers on continuous improvement effort.
- Supports cost estimating, product development team and project management during the estimating, bid proposal and order processing stages.
- Manage supplier performance of 95% or better.
- Proactively prevent and manage supplier defects.
- Process nonconformance’s and scrap material timely and efficiently.
- Act as a back up to other buyers when required.
- Required to interact with coworkers and all other departments in a professional manner.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in manufacturing purchasing environment
- Strong customer service, written and oral communication in English.
- Advanced Microsoft capabilities (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Strong knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including solicitation of bids and negotiation.
- Effective teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to access priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand the sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making skills.
- Occasional travel may be required domestically or internationally.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and blueprints.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- APICS certification is desirable.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma continuous improvement experience.
· Prior knowledge of Siemens applications, customers, processes, and products
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 188852
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.