Siemens Smart Infrastructure’s Commercial Security Solutions Team is
growing! We’re currently searching for an experienced Senior Security
Systems Installation Technician to join our dynamic team serving the greater
Seattle area. The Sr. Security Technician will be responsible for providing
technical installations to Security customers for Intrusion, Card Access and
- Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
- Conducts testing and inspects systems under final commissioning.
- Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
- Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
- Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner.
- Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
- Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
- Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
- Participates in On-Call assignments / schedules on a team rotational basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required Education: High school diploma or GED
- Required Experience: 4+ years engineering, installation, or maintenance experience working with commercial physical security systems (access control & CCVT) —including knowledge of integration, networks, electrical concepts, and building operations, as well as the programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of related systems.
- Required License: Washington Limited Energy Electrical License preferred, however, we would also consider an experienced Security Field Service Technician who is either in process of obtaining their Electrical License or is willing to obtain it.
- Required Travel: 5% travel
- Other Requirements
- Prefer experience with systems over 35 readers and cameras
- Must be able to lift and carry seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
- Must be willing and available to participate on an on-call rotation, which could include nights/weekends/holidays.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Associate's Degree in a technical field preferred
- 5+ years engineering, installation, or maintenance experience working with commercial physical security systems (access control & CCVT)
- A current certification in Software House (C-Cure 9000), Genetec Security Center, Lenel OnGuard, Avigilon, OnSSI, Bosch, and/or DSC.
Job ID: 188856
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.