Siemens Mobility Inc., Rail Systems, is currently looking for a Production Controller in Sacramento. This person is responsible for and coordinates all aspects of Production, from work order creation and planning, through the entire manufacturing process. A successful Production Controller works with management to coordinate and plan production activities to improve runtime and production efficiency. They help to coordinate production workflow for multiple products and production lines. The Production Planner also assists with Inventory Planning and Forecasting, as well as Product data management. An excellent Production Planner is well organized and a great communicator with great problem-solving skills.
- Release work orders on time to meet production schedule.
- Plans Production efficiently and to ensure business requirements and objectives are met
- Utilizing an Inventory forecast, plans production accordingly
- Coordinates with Production Management to execute on plan and adjust to any changes required
- Independently resolves Production, Inventory Planning and Forecasting issues
- Maintain accurate work order inventory.
- Work with Order Management to ensure on time delivery of materials.
- Close work orders in a timely fashion.
- Support production needs through proactive analysis of material availability.
- Run daily reports for material availability on work orders and escalate to manager on any critical needs.
- Maintain a working relationship and open communication with Manufacturing, Warehouse and Order Management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3+ years Vocational training and 3-5 years practical experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft-Office programs is required. Proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills required
- MRP systems knowledge required, SAP Preferred.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Job ID: 188882
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.