Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
With the start of the new Gas and Power Company, we will be uniquely positioned as the only company in the world that can provide fully integrated products, solutions, and services along the energy value chain. Making the world run is more complex today than ever. And, while our mission to help make the world run remains the same, how we do that will be dramatically different.
What part will you play?
- In your new role as a specialist in the thermodynamic and strength design of industrial steam turbines, you will join an agile, global and interdisciplinary team for the development of technical software (main customers: R&D, proposal and engineering departments).
- You will program and implement software for cycle design tools for industrial steam turbines based on requirements and considering existing software solutions.
- Moreover, you form an essential interface to the users, the technical experts and the software developers.
- You actively support the development, programming, maintenance, expansion and evolution of technical software.
- As part of the team, you will also be involved in the software quality process (e.g. automated build and testing).
- We look forward to meeting you if you hold a degree in mechanical engineering, energy technology or a comparable degree in natural sciences or engineering.
- You bring experience in developing technical software (algorithms, modern programming technologies) in global, virtual and interdisciplinary teams.
- Further, you have consolidated knowledge in the application of modern programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, FORTRAN, Python) and are very familiar with agile software development (AGILE, SCRUM).
- You have profound knowledge of the design of turbomachinery and a basic understanding of the associated processes in the area of proposal and order execution.
- To find your way in your international environment you are fluent in German and English, both spoken and written.
- You personally, are highly creative and initiative regarding support, consulting and solution development for internal customers and user groups.
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 188987
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Gas and Power GmbH & Co. KG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time