We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. By joining our manufacturing team as a Material Handler you will Under close supervision, and will be responsible for the movement of materials throughout the factory as required. You will be report directly to the Materials/Logistics Supervisor.
What are your responsibilities?
As a Material Handler I you will be responsible to load, unload, transfer and assist with rigging of material on the manufacturing floor and on trucks with the use of pallet jacks, cranes or other equipment and make deliveries and pickups with company vehicle as required. You will also responsible for:
- Housekeeping and 5S activities which includes organizing work area for orderliness at all times, including sweeping, dusting, mopping and operating floor scrubber as required to ensure work area is accessible and safe for internal employees and customer traffic.
- Assist with audits of the area.
- Process basic non-inventory purchase order receipts.
- Inspecting for damage and compare inbound/outbound shipment to packing list and bill of lading to ascertain that quantities, destination and processing are correct.
- Identifying and assist in resolving discrepancies and questionable conditions related to task and communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Making deliveries and pickups with company vehicles.
- Assisting in clean up and breakdown of drives prior to shipment as necessary.
- Performing cycle counts as required.
- Guide and train new employees on Material Handling and Receiving process and procedures.
- Working overtime as required.
- Frequent lifting of 50 pounds is required.
- Knowledge of all duties will be cross functional but specific duties may be assigned.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Basic math and problem solving skills.
- Previous material handling experience preferred, but not required.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Job ID: 189017
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.