Siemens Mobility Rail Division has an immediate opening for an experienced Locomotive Mechanical Engineering Designer at their Sacramento, California Facility. The candidate will have the ability to support the design and production of our Locomotives, Coach Cars and Light Rail trains. We are looking for professionals with the drive to work in the high paced rail industry to build new and innovative designs for our future vehicles.
In this role, you will assist the Engineering Department personnel to assure proper execution of the design, compliance with industry standards and customer specifications. Requires the ability to create complex parts, assemblies and bills of material. Must be detail oriented and take ownership of projects. Must be able to work independently on projects to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal supervision.
• Execute (individually or as member of an engineering team) customized production orders under minimum supervision, utilizing industry standards and best engineering practices.
• Provide drafting support to engineers on submittals, and as-built drawings. This includes the design of new components, modification of mechanical drawings, and incorporate field or customer-based changes.
• Bachelor's degree in related field with 5 or more years of similar work experience (preferred)
• Associate Degree in related field with 10 or more years of similar work experience
• PTC Creo 3.0 & 4.0 experience
• Will consider other modeling programs but the applicant will need to show examples of relatable experience and wiliness to learn PTC Creo 3.0 & 4.0
• Welded Steel Structures design,
• Large and small welded and/or bolted assemblies
• Mechanical Electrical integration
• Designing sheet metal parts
• Fiberglass and plastic part design
• Experience creating bill of materials
• Releasing parts using Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment, interfacing with factory workers
• Experience with corrosion protection (ie. Paint, Powder Coat, anodizing, zinc plating)
• Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers, internal and external
• Creating work instructions
• Creating and presenting designs for internal and external design reviews
• AutoCad (2D models and drawings for legacy projects)
• PTC CREO 3.0 or 4.0 Sheet metal, piping, and or surfacing
• Windchill or similar Product Lifecycle Management software (PLM)
• SAP Experience (ECN, ECO, and ECR process)
Job ID: 189039
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.