The Medical Imaging
Technology team of Siemens Healthcare Technology Center has an internship
opening in Princeton, NJ, with a focus on graphics, animation, mixed reality
and machine learning and optimization. Our Princeton facility is recognized for
providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated
students. Driven by a strong culture of innovation, we have a record of
developing cutting edge technologies and excel in translating academic research
into advanced Siemens products. You will have the opportunity to test your
knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged
to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our
team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences. We
are located ten minutes from the Princeton University campus, one hour from New
York City and Philadelphia.
As an intern, you will be responsible for:
- You will be working closely with scientist and engineer team members in prototyping graphics and rendering components to address real world data and problems.
- You may apply knowledge of machine learning and optimization to solve real world graphics and data problems
- You may analyze existing software and document its program flow and functionalities.
- You may perform unit tests and address issues found.
This position may suit you best if you
are familiar with what is below, and would like to do
develop your career with Healthineers
- You are fluent in graphics and rendering software programming with OpenGL / GLSL, Direct X, C++, CUDA.
- You have hands on know-how with mixed reality / animation frameworks such as Unity, Unreal, Maya a big plus
- You have core computer graphics foundations in rendering such as camera controls, ray tracing, lighting principals.
- You are able to learn new software tools and libraries quickly.
- You are capable in a short time to develop new research ideas to the level of a working
- You are motivated to accept challenges and responsibilities.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- College students in Masters or PhD program studying in graphics and visualization related fields such as computer graphics, gaming, augmented/virtual reality, advanced rendering of 3D/4D images/geometry/vectors/tensors, information visualization, GPU architecture.
- Availability: 40 hours/week on-site for 3+ months, or part-time for a longer duration
Job ID: 189057
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.