Russelectric, A Siemens Business, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of power control systems including paralleling switchgear and automatic transfer switches. As a growing business, we are looking for a Application Engineering Manager for our Hingham, MA location.
Reporting to the Product Line Manager of Aftermarket Products & Field Services, this position focuses primarily on the supervision of sales engineering team, technical application assistance, quote management for all aspects of Russelectric Aftermarket & Service product lines, including; field service, preventative maintenance, switchgear modifications, ATS modifications, retrofit applications and PLC & operator interface upgrades.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Assist customers and Rep force with applications assistance, including; Switchgear modifications, ATS modifications, field services, preventative maintenance.
• Assist customers and Rep force with migration strategies for upgrading and maintaining equipment.
• Provide technical application assistance for applications of switchgear and ATS modifications.
• Discusses, interprets, reviews and provides technical solutions to customer requirements/applications
• Provide customer assistance to early stage planning and applications
• Work with Engineering & Field Service to coordinate quotes accurately.
• Supervise the aftermarket application engineering team and assist with technical questions.
• Work closely with Engineering to meet specification and application expectations & technical requirements.
• Coordinate with the switchgear & ATS sales team, engineering, purchasing and production teams
• Provide assistance and training of application engineering team, Sales Teams and Reps.
• Prepare and respond to requests for proposals and quotes (RFP’s and RFQ’s)
• Handle administrative functions for RFQ’s and orders and assign all quotes.
• Prospect data and records for new leads to generate additional business
• Follow-up with customers and reps to secure sales from previous quotes sent.
• Call upon customers and reps to follow up with quotes.
• Handle calls from internal / external customers
• Maintain positive relationships with existing business partners
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
• 4 year Engineering Degree (BSEE, BSME) or equivalent experience, or a minimum 5 years of experience in low/high-voltage power systems and demonstrating a progression in level of responsibility.
• Team player able to build cooperative relationships.
• Commitment to quality work, attention to detail and sense of urgency and ownership of work deliverables.
• Can anticipate needs, thinks logically and strategically, exercises good judgment and acts independently as necessary
• Experience as a project engineer, field services, application engineer or sales within market.
• Strong functional and technical knowledge, including:
• Deep knowledge of power distribution and control equipment (to 32kV) with focus on mission critical and secondary (traditional or alternative) generation
• Experience in the Critical Power, Electrical equipment and power control applications, and in the electrical equipment markets, with a successful track record in the mission critical and auxiliary generation market.
• Experience supporting Customers and Reps in a highly engineered product line in a Lean Mfg. environment is desired
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
• Clear and positive verbal and written communication skills so as to work successfully face-to-face, on the phone, and by email
• Experience working with external customers and representatives.
• Ability to collaborate and work with all levels of management.
• Sound decision making and clear communication with all other departments.
• Must have a successful track record of promoting teamwork and positive relationships
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.